The History of the Church
Taught at Spring Meadows Presbyterian Church in Las Vegas
Suggested Reading List
- Church History in Plain Language by Bruce L. Shelley.
- Church History: The Rise and Growth of the Church in its Cultural, Intellectual, and Political Context. 2 vols. Vol. 1 by Everett Ferguson titled From Christ to the Pre-Reformation. Vol. 2 by John D. Woodbridge and Frank James III titled From Pre-Reformation to the Present Day.
For a much longer, more in-depth, and scholarly list see the bibliography in my book A False Kind of Christianity.
Excellent works that I have read in the past year since the publication of my book above that I would also recommend are:
- Protestants by Alec Ryrie.
- Defending the Faith D. G. Hart.
- Martin Luther by Lyndal Roper.
- Brand Luther by Andrew Pettegree.
- Martin Luther by Eric Metaxas