Community Group Questions
- Name some of the wildly different ideas about the meaning and purpose of baptism among professing Christians.
- How are old covenant precedents of baptism (circumcision) helpful to our understanding of baptism?
- How does baptism mark or distinguish us?
- How does baptism deal with our spiritual dirt?
- What is the relationship of baptism to justification by faith?
- Does being in covenant with God imply eternal salvation?
- Are children of believers members of the covenant community?
- How would you defend sprinkling or pouring to a baptistic friend?
- What does it mean to say baptism is sacramental?
- What are some significant conclusions that should come to mind at the celebration of baptism whether our own or that of others?